Let’s talk about reliable pool service, one of the core attributes of a professional pool service. Have you ever found yourself needing to fire a pool cleaning guy because they aren’t quite as good as they need to be? Perhaps they’ve been showing up only once a month? Perhaps they don’t do a very thorough job when they do show up? Perhaps they don’t seem to know what they’re doing or can’t answer your questions? And perhaps your regular pool guy has been replaced by a string of other guys who never introduce themselves to you?
Reliable pool service may mean different things to different people, but everyone can pretty much agree on basic tasks a good pool service company does:
- Answers your phone calls, texts and/or emails
- Shows up every week
- Cleans the pool thoroughly
- Checks pool chemical levels & equipment
- Adds chemical agents when needed
The most important thing about your pool guy isn’t his likeability, it’s the results you get from the service.
Your pool is a huge investment in your home’s value so taking good care of it is pretty critical for resale value, as well as just healthy every day use! Other things that need to be on your list of must-haves include:
- They address any issues you may have with their work right away
- Communicates problems they find to you in a timely way
- Cleans up after themselves
A Reliable Pool Service Protects Your Investment
A good pool cleaning service can help to keep your investment secure. They’re experienced in spotting issues like cracking or crumbling plaster and filters or pumps that aren’t working correctly. You are buying their experience and know-how, not just their ability to brush down the pool walls. Make sure you’re getting the service you think you’re getting when you sign on. Questions to ask are:
- How often do you come to clean the pool?
- What do you charge?
- How do you bill & what kind of payment do you accept?
- What happens when no one shows up?
- Who will be doing the pool service?